|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Template:Infobox television Related was an American comedy-drama series that aired on The WB network during the 2005-2006 television season. It revolved around the lives of four close-knit sisters - of Italian descent, raised in Brooklyn - living in New York City.
The show was created by former Sex and the City writer Liz Tuccillo, and executive produced by Friends co-creator Marta Kauffman. Despite heavy promotion, initial ratings did not warrant the show being picked up for a second season when The WB network was folded into The CW.
The untitled Related theme song is sung by The Veronicas, whose music was regularly featured in episodes.
- Ginnie (Jennifer Esposito) - Ginnie, the oldest of the Sorelli sisters, is an ambitious 30-year-old corporate attorney. Ginnie is the one Sorelli sister who is married. In the premier episode, Ginnie has just learned that she is pregnant. Recently she just lost her baby.
- Bob Spencer (Callum Blue) - Bob is Ginnie's British husband. He works as a software engineer in the music industry. He recently worked on Jack Johnson's tour.
- Ann (Kiele Sanchez) - Ann, 26, the second oldest sister, is a therapist who specializes in counseling transvestites. When she was younger, she had an abortion.
- Marjee (Lizzy Caplan) - Marjee is 23. At the beginning of the series, she is working as a party planner and dating her boss's boyfriend Jason. Recently, Marjee quit her job and started a business with Jason.
- Rose (Laura Breckenridge), the youngest of the Sorelli sisters, is a 19-year-old college student attending NYU. Originally a pre-med major, she later changed her major to drama, despite going against her father's wishes.
- Joe Sorelli (Tom Irwin) - Joe Sorelli, the father of the Sorelli sisters, is a widower who owns and lives above a deli (Sorelli's Deli) in Brooklyn.
- Renée (Christine Ebersole) - Renée is Joe Sorelli's new wife.
- Danny (Dan Futterman) - Danny is Ann's ex-boyfriend and the owner of a restaurant called Sabroso. Ann had been going with Danny for six years when he moved out of their apartment and dumped her. Ann suspected Danny of having an affair with Megan. Recently he has gotten back together with Ann. He broke up with Ann once more after learning that Ann had an abortion shortly after they started seeing each other and she had kept it from him for the past six years.
- Marco (Victor Webster) - Marco grew up with Ann and works at Sorelli’s Deli where he makes sausage. Ann slept with him after breaking up with Danny.
- Zach (Andrew Keegan) - Zach is a college student who lives in the same dorm as Rose at NYU. Ann has slept with him since breaking up with Danny.
- Trish Houghton (Anne Elizabeth Ramsay) - Trish used to be Marjee's boss. She was also dating Jason Greenstein, although they have now broken up. She is obsessed with her dog and now hates both Marjee and Jason for what they've done to her.
- Jason Greenstein (Julian Ovenden) - Jason used to work for Trish as well as date her while seeing Marjee. He has recently left Trish and has now started a business with Marjee and is her new boyfriend. Jason and Marjee recently broke up.
- Joel (Kyle Howard) - Joel is a student at NYU and has been Rose's best friend for a long time. He's also in love with her. He dates a woman named Chloe, but she dumps him because she knows him and Rose have feelings for each other.
- Alex Brody (Chris Carmack) - Alex is Rose's new boyfriend. He's a classmate of Rose's in experimental theater and directed a play in which he and Rose starred. But Alex dumped Rose at Joe's wedding so he can go to Hollywood to become an actor.
- Bob's mother (Judith Ivey) - Bob's mom has a knack for hurting Ginnie's feelings although much of it may be unintentional. Fortunately, Bob's parents live in England. They visit Bob and Ginnie for Christmas, 2005.
- Bob's father, Robert Spencer (Roger Rees) - Bob's dad apparently likes to drink.
- Kylie Stewart (Jamie Ray Newman) - Kylie is a singer who is Bob's ex-girlfriend and for whom Bob produces an album.
- Flash (Shanola Hampton) - Flash (real name: Tiffani Lusinski) is Rose's punky roommate. She and Rose aren't good friends.
- Megan (Megan Linder) - Megan is the hostess at Danny's restaurant.
- Patrick (Peter Paige) - Patrick is the son Renee gave up for adoption 19 years ago and hasn't seen since. He owns a bed and breakfast on Cape Cod.
- Francesca Sorelli (Dana Delany) - Francesca is Joe Sorelli's wife and the mother of the Sorelli sisters. She died 15 years ago of cancer.
- Victor Webster as Marco
- Jillian Barberie as herself
- The Veronicas (Jess and Lisa Origliasso) as themselves
- Joanna Canton as Chloe, Joel's girlfriend
- Nick D'Agosto as PJ, Marjee's friend
- Zachary Knighton as Gary, Joel's roommate
- Paolo Seganti as Nino Rosati, Marjee's piano teacher (in flashback scenes).
- Frederick Weller as Ginnie's colleague who handles the sale of Sorelli's Deli for the buyer.
- Dennis Boutsikaris as Professor Kasnov
- John Prosky as Dr. Gorenberg
- Jackie Geary as Justine, Ann's friend
- Armelia McQueen as the lady at the NYU housing office
- Jonathan Silverman as Brad, Ann's horrible wedding date
- Francesca Catalano as Ginnie at age 17
- Courtney Hope as a young Ann
- Alyssa Shafer as a young Rose
- Laura San Giacomo as Ann Sorelli (pilot episode only)
- Jon Hamm as Danny (pilot episode only)