The Financial Coalition Against Child Pornography is a coalition of credit card issuers and Internet services companies which seeks to eliminate commercial child pornography by taking action on the payment systems used fund these illegal operations.
Twenty-nine of the world’s most prominent financial institutions and Internet industry leaders have joined with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) and its sister organization, the International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children (ICMEC), in the fight against Internet child pornography. The group is called the Financial Coalition Against Child Pornography and its goal is to eradicate commercial child pornography.
Senator Richard C. Shelby (R-AL), Chairman of the U.S. Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee, was the catalyst in bringing these industry leaders together to address the problem.
The Financial Coalition Against Child Pornography includes leading banks, credit card companies, third-party payment companies, and Internet services companies. Members of the Coalition include America Online, American Express Company, Authorize.net, Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, Citigroup, Discover Financial Services LLC, First Data Corporation, First National Bank of Omaha, Google, HSBC - NA, JP Morgan Chase, MasterCard, Microsoft, North American Bancard, Nova Information Systems, PayPal, First PREMIER Bank/PREMIER Bankcard, Standard Chartered Bank, Visa, Washington Mutual, Wells Fargo, and Yahoo! Inc.
- U.S. Senator Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) press release: Shelby Leads Fight Against Child Pornography. March 15, 2006
- USA Today, Updated 5/26/2006 1:22 AM ET: Financial firms attack child porn
- The Christian Science Monitor. from the March 16, 2006 edition. "A siege on the child-porn market. Titans of finance join forces to try to thwart online trafficking in illicit images." By Ron Scherer, staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor
- BBC News, Thursday, 16 March 2006, 12:22 GMT: "Net and finance firms are joining up to stamp out commercial child pornography"
- InformationWeek, Mar 17, 2006 01:17 PM "As Child Porn Industry Grows, Coalition Launches Counterattack" By J. Nicholas Hoover, InformationWeek
- NACHA JOINS THE FINANCIAL COALITION AGAINST CHILD PORNOGRAPHY January 16, 2007
- ASACP Participates in Financial Coalition Against Child Pornography November 20, 2007
- Preventing and Detecting Child Pornography Best Practices from the Financial Coalition Against Child Pornography August 24, 2007